Tuesday, June 25, 2013

British Travel Series: In An Ocean's Diary




Humans.
Your knit hands scrape charity
as only yoked minds do.

I can be
like you:

I will go on red. I will stomp
on green. My reaction – a timed light
switch. I admire myself, a god.
I observe, pile, demolish, wrong.

You are wrong.
My waves are no invitation of joint felicity,
but eyes of tearful cruelty. Fools,
the sun’s merry-go-round webs here.
Yellow spears and a warm bed
do not implore happy, but petition
DO NOT ENTER.

Oh, if you knew how he thrusts his heat on
me, your minds would craft censure so you would never
have to see real monsters work again. 

3 comments:

  1. How's England ModernMorena? Have you gone to Windsor Castle yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful! I have experienced a great deal since being here. I would love to share some of these moments with you when I return.

    I've updated this piece. Thanks for reading.

    MM :)

    ReplyDelete